Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Something in the Air

 It's fresh.  

It's invigorating.  

It sounds lovely.

Let me check again.

Yep.  I think springtime is on the horizon!


 

Each day sunshine is warmer than it was the day before.  The top layer of soil has thawed into that delight fluff appreciated by gardeners.  Most plants are still brown and dormant, but the miniature daffodils and iris have bloomed. The rose canes are displaying red-tinged bits that promise actual green leaves in the near future. Even the sky is bluer. Best of all, each morning starts with birdsong.

Yes, there are still plenty of freezing temps ahead.  And frigid blasts of wind.  Also, snowstorms (at least I hope so, since another year of drought and wildfire is heartily to be avoided).  

But it can't be long before the new donut peach has blossoms again. And this year I will proactively protect those anticipated fruits from the varmints who made them disappear last year.

For now, I'm still ensconced in my favorite armchair while working on 2022 Christmas cross-stitch ornaments while sunshine floods our bedroom this time of year.  My garden will soon be  luring me outside where I'll be happily immersed in endless chores.  Pruning and raking and planting, oh my!


No comments:

Post a Comment