Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Whaddaya Think?

I'm dithering pondering thoughtfully as usual and I could use your help.

I found the cabinet door carved sign of my dreams and I'm looking for the perfect "Meadowsweet Cottage" font to paint on it. You know--the one that stylishly says smiles, clematis blossoms, apple green paint, kitchen aprons, homemade soup, crocheted lace, and daffodil yellow walls.  The font that hints of Belgian chocolate and dog kisses and ruffles while kindly ignoring dirty fingernails.

I think the arch will showcase an oval with a little painted flower, then our cottage name beneath.  The maple stain isn't staying--I think creamy white will look nice against our tan walls.

The choices thus far,  in alphabetical order:
Brock


Chopin



Grenoble Outline (but it would be filled in, just saving ink here)


Handscript 
I just love the way Blogger wouldn't upload the word files, so I had to photograph the computer screen. 




Liffey


I like'em all and can't decide.  Help me narrow them down! Pretty please? With peanut-butter chunk ice cream on it?




4 comments:

  1. Always humming1/27/2010 11:29 PM

    Will the sign be on the front porch? I like Chopin the best but there is a little something about each of the scripts that bugs me a bit. And I definitely prefer the scripts. I would hunt around a bit more for fonts. I'll see what we have in our arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always humming1/27/2010 11:30 PM

    Handscript is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you found my blog. Thanks for dropping by.
    I think the brock script is very pretty. Cannot wait to see it when you have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chopin is my favorite but too flowy for want you want. It's between Handscript and Liffey for me.

    ReplyDelete