Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Guideposts - Week21

"The nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."

~Lucy Maud Montgomery


Leisurely pursuits:
  • My young peony will be blooming for the first time this year.  
  • And the tomato plants obviously love hanging out on the kitchen heater vent--not only growing and blooming but actually setting fruit, whoo-hoo! 
  • I appreciate having a long, warm weekend to paint (Cape May blue), 
  • try a new bread recipe 
  • and move our lovely girls from the brooder into their outdoor coop. 

No stress.  No rush.  Relax and enjoy.  (More wonderful thoughts at Notes From A Cottage Industry.)

Contentedly,

6 comments:

  1. Love this quote...and so glad you're enjoying your weekend.
    Looking forward to seeing this beauty open. Looks like it might be pink?
    happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quote is my idea of a perfect day. Peonies are my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love days like these and hope you're weekend is all that you wish for.
    ~Maggie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! What fun pursuits, you will have to post pictures of your girls in their big coop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just my opinion, but what separates happy people from unhappy people is the ability to enjoy simple pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog and I LOVE it! I've become your latest follower! Love your gardens/flowers...so beautiful! I was looking for your profile to see where you garden...couldn't find it on your sidebar. Love the photo of you and your puppy! How adorable! Goldens and labs are just the best dogs ever!!!
    I was wondering what your devotional, Guideposts week 21 means. Is this a devotional or saying you get from Guideposts online or the magazine?
    Stop by and say hello if you have a chance. I have two blogs, one for gardening and one for tablescaping, teascaping etc.

    http://beyondthegardengate-beth.blogspot.com

    http://foodasart-beth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete