Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, May 17, 2010

No Longer MIA

Blogging certainly has its ebbs and flows and I apologize for my week-long ebb. It's not like I don't have anything to say (you may have noticed I always have something to say!) but somehow no thoughts made their way onto my computer.  I wasn't even spending time reading and commenting on other blogs--I have 154 unread items(!) in my Google Reader right now--I guess I have a little bit of catching up to do to put it mildly.  But before I allow myself to revel in your unread blog posts, I need to unload all the thoughts that have been piling up in my brain for the past week:

Our annual Mother's Day Brunch featured:
  • sunshine, spring showers and hail
  • a lace tablecloth adorned with blooming violets
  • china and silver place settings
  • spiced wheat waffles with apple cider syrup
  • scrambled eggs and omelets made to order and
  • discussion about next year's menu featuring fresh eggs from our hens. I know about not counting your chickens before they're hatched, but I'm worried there may be advice about not counting the eggs before they're laid!
Spring weather has tried its best to wreak havoc, and I'm trying not to be jealous of the cheerily blooming gardens throughout Blogdom as I deal with Twenty-Ten's killing frosts.  There's nowhere I'd rather live than northern Nevada but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it's a bit of a gardeners' challenge.  The poor little redbud thought it was safe to leaf out. Those might be Kharma's knee sox sneaking into the upper northwest corner of this photo.  She's always interested in what Mom is doing :)
And I don't think the roses looked at the killing frost calendar before flaunting lush new leaves.  Maybe somebody pruned a tad early?
Oddly enough, those are the only casualties.  That and my plans for moving the chicks and their coop outside.

Dining on my pink tablecloth feels so very elegant. I noticed that Somebody's Girly-girl Pink Nose matches the tablecloth...
I don't know how I ever resist her perfected begging look.  She makes me laugh with her continued campaign for table scraps.

Thanks for your input on my ironing board legs.  They'll stay the same interesting color--sort of pinky/mauve/brown--oddly neutral and authentically vintage!

Whoo-hoo!  Less than a month until summer vacation.  I find myself waking at night and planning what to do with my free time.  That's a post in itself!

Our second annual neighborhood yard sale kept me busy for part of the weekend.  The chicks think they got the best goodies from my treasure hunt, and I'm not going to disillusion them BUT...I guess I'll have to let you judge for yourself from the photos tomorrow.

Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment