Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer Tune-up

It's almost summer, isn't it?    Feels like it--my young walking partner and I played hookey and cruised through our favorite vintage store (Junkee, of course!) This sweet apron caught my eye.  The white cotton was so soft from years of laundering and the red trim provided just the perfect touch of color.  The arched waistband added a super-cute (and slimming) flair that made me long to whip up some meringue or bake a batch of Snickerdoodles.

Alas...it didn't come home with me.  Sad, I know.  I'm hoping it might be there on my next visit when I hope to have a little loose change burning a hole in my pocket.

Fingers crossed,

1 comment:

  1. I have a system by where if it was meant to be yours, it'll still be there next time you go in.
    Good luck. I chuckled about snickerdoodles. I thought they were kind of mythical, and only actually happened on The Simpsons, but clearly they are something real people bake!!!

    ReplyDelete