Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, March 27, 2023

I Love Bluebells

My favorite vacation was a western tour of national parks on our way to a seminar in Colorado.  One of my favorite places was Maroon Bells. We boarded a bus that shuttled us into the valley, with an informative guide.  

It was impossible to take a bad picture there.  Simply the most photogenic place I've ever been.

On our hike, I fell in love with a true blue wildflower.  It turned out to be in the Mertensia family.  In other words, a bluebell

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. Share this Quote Rumi
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mary_oliver_381609

I've been on the lookout for one for years, but there was never anything local, just online.  Until this year!  I am now the proud possessor of two Virginia bluebells that I am nurturing.  

They are not the Rocky Mountain bluebells but...they will do! Someday I will have beautiful truly blue (not violet blue, like most) flowers that remind me of a special place.

It was long enough ago that I don't have photos at hand.  But Google Maroon Bells or Mertensia --you'll be glad you did. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I googled! I don't think I've ever seen one before and I can see why they are a favorite! Happy week and thanks for coming by. I'm so behind on visiting/commenting/answering comments. Life, you know? It happens! But thank you!

    ReplyDelete