Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Monday, March 06, 2023

I Might Be The Only One

 I enjoy Springing Ahead and Falling Backwards.  

I don't at all mind "losing" an hour of sleep so that my clock time matches the sunshine that has started to flood our east-facing bedroom.  If I'm gonna be awake anyway, I'm much happier to hit the ground running at seven instead of six in the morning.  

Getting up in the cool of a summer day that has the potential to go triple digits is another reason I'm thrilled with daylight savings time.

It may have been a few years (okay, decades) since I had little ones who, like chickens, woke with the sunrise.  I liked my kids a whole lot better when my clock radio said it was only six-fifteen instead of a dreadful five-fifteen.

I don't think I'm losing anything.  Especially since I know I'll regain that hour of sleep next Fall when the days are getting way too short.

With snow falling and accumulating on an almost daily basis--still!--I'm also ready for any hope of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment